Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Organization

If you take a look at my desk, you can see that it's a little cluttered. My desk, unfortunately is a window unto my mind. Every scrap paper or gadget represents some undone task that is quietly awaiting my attention.


Right now at our church, we are undergoing a bit of a transformation which will , in the short term, require some major feats of organization and time management. As Easter approaches, we are seeking to be more creative and more thorough than ever before, but with a much smaller staff. We are currently interviewing folks for these very critical positions, but for the time being, I'm just going to have to suck it up and get it done.


Obviously, with creativity as my main objective; having to set stages, obtain bids for system upgrades and interviewing prospective employees pulls me off of my main task. In order to keep things from slipping between the cracks, I've taken some time to research some productivity tools and have a clear front-runner.

by Behance looks to be a very versitile tool that could greatly help lines of communication and prevent oversight among our team. They offer free plans for non-profit organizations, so naturally I filled out an application. I'm not sure how friendly they are to churches - let alone a BAPTIST church, but never hurts to ask. If not, I think I might be able to convince the team that it is worth the price of admission.

I will post the results of my quest for a free Pro account as this could be a great tool for many churches out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment